Chernobyl and Pripyat tours
The Chernobyl Exclusion Zone
— is a monument of the technogenic catastrophe that changed the history of the USSR
The concealment by the authorities of the fact of the accident and subsequently the understatement of its scale influenced the way of thinking of the Soviet people. And finally destroyed the myth of the successful construction of a bright socialist future.
Hundreds of thousands of people were forcibly resettled from the most contaminated areas. Instead, hundreds of thousands of them were thrown to the elimination of the consequences of the accident. Despite the efforts of the liquidators, the town of Pripyat and fifty villages remained unsuitable for life.
On the territory of the Exclusion Zone were left unique objects:
- • Over-the-horizon radar «Duga-1» for tracking the launch of missiles in the United States during the Cold War
- • Chernobyl nuclear power plant named of Lenin was the most powerful in Europe and perspective — in the world
- • The satellite-town of Pripyat, conceived as an example of the Soviet urban environment
Tours with CHERNOBYL ADVENTURE provide an opportunity to look at the surviving examples of advanced Soviet technologies, to see how the human civilization melt under the pressure of wildlife and learn the truth about the events of the past.
On our website CHERNOBYLADVENTURE.COM you can book: the excursion to Chernobyl Exclusion Zone, Pripyat town, ChNPP and radar Duga-1; advanced two day tour with visiting of Exclusion Zone objects and spending the night in town Chernobyl or town Slavutich; night tour to Pripyat and to the cemetery of liquidators machinery; the visit to Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant, and also an individual tour to Chernobyl Zone on any day of the week.
Tours to Chernobyl
Our team offers you to visit the territory of the Chernobyl exclusion zone and to see all the legendary locations on your own!
Why should I go to Chernobyl? Is it an object for tourism or a place of amusement?
It is important to understand that our tours to Chernobyl are not connected with amusement. We offer you to learn a part of our history in such an unforgettable way! The professional guides of our team will create for you a journey back in 1986. So, the most interesting abandoned places are waiting for you! We promise you that your trip won’t be provided with the standard boring information from Wikipedia. Our guides will tell you a lot of interesting stories and unique facts about this famous place of tragedy. Touring Chernobyl is like a lecture of History, where you are inside the events! What’s more, that’s a great chance to see the unique wild animals and the nature of this abandoned place, in general.
Why should I do the touring Chernobyl now?
It’s really better not to postpone the touring Chernobyl. Unfortunately, the territory of the exclusion zone has been empty more than for 34 years. Step by step we see the ruination of this place...So, soon we’ll be able to see Chernobyl only in the pictures. That’s why it’s better to hurry up and to come to the zone of exclusion!
The territory of the zone is wonderful at any time of a year. In winter there are no leaves, everything is transparent, it’s very convenient to see the locations in the far distance. In spring everything is in bloom, like a new life is born in the dead place. The bright colours of summer don’t allow us to fall in the depression of tragedy place. The golden autumn shows us the unbelievable beauty of the exclusion zone. We organise tours to Chernobyl all year round!
How do we make our tours to Chernobyl from Kyiv?
As usual, our meeting point is near the metro station Kontraktova ploshcha at 07:50. We gather so early as the way from Kyiv to the checkpoint Dytiatki takes approximately 2 hours. During the way we make 1 stop, at the gas station. Our tours to Chernobyl from Kyiv are provided with the comfortable buses supplied with TV and the conditioners.
How much time am I given for touring Chernobyl?
In general, our guests have enough time to explore the territory of the exclusion zone. It is possible to see Chernobyl in different ways, such as:
- one-day tours, which include the following program: the exploration of Chernobyl town; the secret military town Chernobyl-2 and Duga radar; the ChNPP, lunch in the canteen at the station; the dead city of Pripyat;
- two-days tours, which have an extended program. During the first day you’ll explore the abandoned villages of the 30-kilometres exclusion zone; Chernobyl town; the ChNPP; lunch; the Red forest; many locations inside Pripyat city; dinner and lodging for the night in the town of Chernobyl. The second day includes breakfast; the exploration of the rest of Chernobyl town; Chernobyl-2; Duga radar; lunch; the reactors № 5 and 6; the cooling pond;
- two-days tours with the excursion inside the ChNPP. The first day is dedicated to the exploration of Chernobyl town; Chernobyl-2; Duga radar; the ChNPP (outside); lunch; the reactors № 5 and 6; the cooling pond; dinner and lodging for the night in the town of Slavutych. On the following day we have breakfast in Slavutych; the excursion inside the ChNPP; lunch; many locations inside Pripyat;
- private tours to Chernobyl. This kind of the journey can last from 1 till 5 days. You’ll be able to see the abandoned villages of the 30-kilometres exclusion zone; Chernobyl town; Chernobyl-2; Duga radar; the ChNPP; the red Forest; the dead city of Pripyat; the burial ground “Buriakovka”; the railway station “Yanov”.
What is the price of the tours to Chernobyl?
Our team creates all the comfortable conditions for you to visit the zone of exclusion, and the price is not an exception! You shouldn’t pay any big sums of money to travel in time! Here are the costs of our trips:
- a one day-tour – 99$. Lunch and the dosimeter are not included here. You may order them additionally: lunch – 8$; the rent of the dosimeter – 10$;
- a two-days tour to the exclusion zone– 249$; the nutrition – 25$; the rent of the dosimeter – 20$;
- a two-days tour and the excursion inside the ChNPP – 449$; the nutrition -25$; the rent of the dosimeter – 20$;
- a private tour to Chernobyl – 395$ (for 1 day!). The nutrition and the rent of the dosimeter are not included to this price.
How to tour Chernobyl in a proper way? Is it safe, in general?
Nowadays a lot of people have a strong desire to visit the exclusion zone, but some can’t overcome one barrier...that’s the fear. Still now it is quite difficult for many people to believe that the level of radiation is not high in Chernobyl any more. For you to keep calm about it, you’ll be able to check the degree of contamination with the help of the dosimeter, which you can rent at the beginning of the tour, and you’ll see that all our routes are quite safe.
What’s more, while leaving the zone of exclusion, you have to pass through the radiation control twice (in the 10- and 30-kilometres parts of the zone)! The special frames check your bodies, clothes and shoes whether they are “clean” or not. If some element of your clothing is “dirty”, it will be decontaminated and you’ll go on.
After the journey to The Chernobyl exclusion zone there is no need to burn your clothing. It is quite enough just to wash it. Sure thing, during the excursion we’ll meet the hotspots, where the level of contamination will be quite high. But the period of time we usually spend there is very short, so, it is impossible to receive there a big dose of radiation.
In any way, the zone of exclusion is the place of the huge atomic accident, so it is necessary to be very attentive and to listen to all the instructions of the guide. That’s the main tips how to tour Chernobyl and to stay alive. The exclusion zone is waiting for you, hurry up!
Are you sure you have familiarized yourself with all the offers and promotions of our company?