Chernobyl zone resumes work
Recommendations for visiting the Chernobyl zone during COVID 19 quarantine
Finally, we are pleased to announce great news! The Chernobyl Exclusion Zone is once again ready to receive adventure seekers! Starting Monday 1 June 2020, the exclusion zone resumes operation after a protracted quarantine. In accordance with the order of the State Agency for Management of the Exclusion Zone on the territory of the exclusion zone, it is allowed to carry out mass events, including visits for the purpose of familiarization or in plain language the very long-awaited tours!
In connection with the precautionary measures during quarantine measures in the exclusion zone, the rules for visiting changed very little. A complete list of RECOMMENDATIONS regarding the conduct of the tour is presented below.
- The attendant conducts exercises for visitors to his group according to the rules for the use of PPE (personal protective equipment).
- At the Dityatki checkpoint, upon entering the exclusion zone, temperature screening of visitors and an escort will be carried out. Persons whose temperature will exceed 37.2 and those who have symptoms of respiratory diseases are not allowed to visit the exclusion zone. If such a person is found on board the bus, the group is not allowed to enter the zone.
- Maintaining a distance of up to 1.5 meters between visitors, especially when boarding a bus (no more than 8 people are allowed in the 18 local bus, no more than 20 in the 50 local bus).
- At the entrance to the vehicle, a place must be arranged for the treatment of hands with an antiseptic.
- Each visitor, escort and driver must be in masks (including homemade ones) that cover the person’s nose and mouth.
- The vehicle must be equipped with a separate container for used PPE.
- For the period of quarantine measures, the time spent in the exclusion zone will be limited to 1 day.
- The work of canteens in the exclusion zone will also be limited to the quarantine period (we recommend stocking up with dry ration and water).
- Movement routes and locations will be partially limited (Zalesye village, Chernobyl city, Kopachi village - without leaving the vehicle. All other locations are unchanged).
- Upon arrival at the checkpoint or at any other location is not allowed a large concentration of people. (passengers should not get off the bus if the location already has visitors to the other 2 groups.
On our website CHERNOBYLADVENTURE.COM you can find all the detailed information and order: an excursion to the Chernobyl exclusion zone, the city of Pripyat, the Chernobyl nuclear power plant and the Duga-1 radar; a two-day tour with an expanded program of visiting the objects of the Exclusion Zone and overnight in the city of Chernobyl or in the city of Slavutich; night tour to Pripyat and to the burial ground of liquidators' equipment; a visit to the Chernobyl nuclear power plant, as well as an individual tour to the Chernobyl zone on any day of the week. See you on the tour!
Are you sure you have familiarized yourself with all the offers and promotions of our company?