The village Bychky
Bychky - a former village in the south-western part of the Exclusion Zone, located on the right bank of the river Uzh, on the border of 30 km perimeter. The distance to the city of Chernobyl is 25 kilometers.
The village appeared in the first quarter of the twentieth century. as a settlement of the St. Nicholas Monastery founded here with the Christ's Nativity Church.
Novo-Nikolsky male monastery ( St. Nicholas Monastery ) was founded in 1772 in Chernobyl, on the bank of the Pripyat River. But because of the flooding of the river, the monastery in the XIX century was transferred to the village Bychki. In the new monastery were built 50 wooden houses for living, and the whole of its territory was surrounded by a two-meter wooden fence. In 1842, Nicholas I issued a decree on the closure of the monastery. But the monastery was not closed. It was forbidden to take in the monastery new people. Therefore, in 1859, 38 people lived here, and in 1867 - 15. In 1874, a fire broke out on the territory of the monastery, which destroyed most of the buildings, houses and the temple itself. In 1874 a new church was built. In 1926, 16 people lived in the monastery. The monastery was closed in the 1930s.
Nikolskaya Church of the Novo-Nikolsky Monastery. The brick church was built at the beginning of the XIX century by the monastery. In 1900, 28 people lived there. There were two temples basically. St. Nicholas Church has been preserved, it has been restored.
The Christ's Nativity Church of the Novo-Nikolsky monastery. In 1829, for Metropolitan Salafiela, a wooden church on a brick foundation, of the Christ's Nativity, was built in the monastery. To our time, this church has not been preserved.
In the period from the 1960s to the 1980s, the village was subordinated to the Rassokhovsky village council. In 1981, there were 250 inhabitants in Bychky.
After the Chernobyl accident on April 26, 1986, the village was resettled due to heavy contamination with radionuclides. Residents were resettled in the village of Nedra (Baryshevsky district). Bychky was officially removed from the register in 1999.
In the early 2000s, the novice sisters from Kiev chose this area, where the monastery was located, to revive the history. Now here is the newly rebuilt, female Orthodox Pustynno-Nikolsky monastery, the cell of the Kiev-Pokrovsky monastery.
Excursions to the Chernobyl Zone, the city of Chernobyl, Chernobyl NPP, Pripyat.
Bychky is oficially included in one of the routes approved by the government for visitors. The Chernobyl Zone is very rich in history. In 1986, about 80 settlements were evacuated. Each village of the Polesia Territory has a special appearance, safety and indescribable atmosphere. Our team of professionals in CHERNOBYL ADVENTURE, will not only tell you about these places, but also show you the most secret corners of the restricted area. Chernobyl Exclusion Zone - is the open-air monument (museum). At one point, everything stopped at around April 26th. People resettled, and the objects remained. We invite you to visit these unique objects: Duga-1 radar station for tracking missile launches in the United States during the Cold War; the Jupiter plant in Pripyat, which was rumored to produce not only radio engineering, but also systems for the defense needs of the USSR; the unfinished 5th power unit of the ChNPP; equipment of liquidators and much more.