The village Ladyzhychi
Ladyzhichi is a former village located on the left bank of the Pripyat River, 18 kilometers from the city of Chernobyl. The village is located in the southeastern part of the Exclusion Zone, the border between Ukraine and the Republic of Belarus is four kilometers away, on the Braginka River - that is a river in Belarus, the left tributary of Pripyat.
The time of foundation of the village is unknown. According to the chronicles, Ladizhichi already existed in the time of Bohdan Khmelnitsky (mid-XVII), and was a border town, as was the neighboring village of Teremtsy.
In the village there was a wooden church of the Virgin's Nativity, which was built in 1742, at the expense of Count Jan Frédéric Sapigha. The main shrine of the church was the icon of St. Nicholas, which was transferred from the village of Otashiv (located on the right bank of the Pripyat River). There was a parochial school at the temple. Until 1859, the villages of Gorodishche, Kupovate, Otashiv belonged to the Church of the Virgin's Nativity, and in 1913 the village of Teremtsy was added to the village of Zolotneev and Zaglybye. The church was destroyed in Soviet times.
There was an eight-year school, a club, and a library in the village. Worked windmill and water mill. The central estate of the collective farm "Achievements of October" was located. To the village council Ladyzhichi were subordinated settlements Zaglibya and Tarasitsya.
During the Second World War, in 1943, the Nazis burned the village completely, and many of its inhabitants were shot.
Before the accident, 483 inhabitants lived here. In 1986, they were relocated to the village of Sukachi, Ivankiv district.
After the accident at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant, the village turned out to be a pretty clean place in terms of the radiation situation. However, Ladyzhichi were completely evicted. But still, this did not prevent some residents from returning to their homeland. Today, this village is a village of “self-settlers” (these are people who returned after their evacuation in 1986 to their homes on the territory of the Exclusion Zone). People here live at the expense of their private households: garden, livestock, fishing, picking berries and mushrooms.
Excursions to the Chernobyl Zone, the city of Chernobyl, Chernobyl NPP, Pripyat.
Ladyzhychi is oficially included in one of the routes approved by the government for visitors. The Chernobyl Zone is very rich in history. In 1986, about 80 settlements were evacuated. Each village of the Polesia Territory has a special appearance, safety and indescribable atmosphere. Our team of professionals in CHERNOBYL ADVENTURE, will not only tell you about these places, but also show you the most secret corners of the restricted area. Chernobyl Exclusion Zone - is the open-air monument (museum). At one point, everything stopped at around April 26th. People resettled, and the objects remained. We invite you to visit these unique objects: Duga-1 radar station for tracking missile launches in the United States during the Cold War; the Jupiter plant in Pripyat, which was rumored to produce not only radio engineering, but also systems for the defense needs of the USSR; the unfinished 5th power unit of the ChNPP; equipment of liquidators and much more.