The village Zamoshnia
Zamoshnya (the old name is Sloboda, then Zamoshshya) is a former village in the southwestern part of the Exclusion Zone, the distance to the Chernobyl nuclear power plant is 30 kilometers, and 28 kilometers to the city of Chernobyl. Located on the left bank of the river Uzh.
In the 19th century, Zamoshnia was the western part of the village Glina, and in 1900 it emerged as a separate settlement. The population of the village was exclusively Old Believers, and by 1900 their number was 611 people.
Under the Soviet regime, Zamoshnya until the 1980s was the center of the village council, to which was subordinated the village of Glinka. Later, the village of Zamoshnya was subordinated to the Korogod village council. Zamoshnia was home to the collective farm "Zavety Ilyich" - the central estate of which was located in Korogod. It is known that in the village there was a club, library, eight-year school.
Old Believers erected here the stone church of the God's Mother and the convent nearby. The founding of the convent refers to the events of 1834. Then Count Alexander Khodkevich signed a charter in Minsk, according to which he allocated a plot of land for the expansion of the monastery. At that time about 40 nuns lived in the monastery. In 1863 a fire broke out, the monastery burned down, but it was soon rebuilt. In 1914, the church of the Kazan Icon of the God's Mother was built. Architect was Nicholas Gardenin. During Soviet rule in 1929, the monastery was closed, and the building was used as a warehouse. In 1932, the dome and the bell tower were destroyed. Nothing has been preserved from the monastery today, it ceased to exist as early as 1929, but only the walls of the church remained, and a table stands inside and hangs a couple of icons. In the beginning of 2010, the community of St. Elias Church of Chernobyl, began the restoration of the church. In the village, they chose one of the abandoned houses for workers, inserted windows, rebuilt the stove, brought furniture, chopped up a bunch of firewood. But due to the lack of funding and the inconvenient road here, the restoration has been stopped. And the house is now popular among stalkers who come here for an overnight stay.
Before the accident, 240 people lived in the village of Zamoshnia. Residents were relocated to a new village Lubyanka of Borodyansky district.
Excursions to the Chernobyl Zone, the city of Chernobyl, Chernobyl NPP, Pripyat.
Zamoshnia is oficially included in one of the routes approved by the government for visitors. The Chernobyl Zone is very rich in history. In 1986, about 80 settlements were evacuated. Each village of the Polesia Territory has a special appearance, safety and indescribable atmosphere. Our team of professionals in CHERNOBYL ADVENTURE, will not only tell you about these places, but also show you the most secret corners of the restricted area. Chernobyl Exclusion Zone - is the open-air monument (museum). At one point, everything stopped at around April 26th. People resettled, and the objects remained. We invite you to visit these unique objects: Duga-1 radar station for tracking missile launches in the United States during the Cold War; the Jupiter plant in Pripyat, which was rumored to produce not only radio engineering, but also systems for the defense needs of the USSR; the unfinished 5th power unit of the ChNPP; equipment of liquidators and much more.